Everybody at some point in his or her life is going to experience saggy skin. The number one cause of saggy skin is advancing in age. Saggy skin may not be a problem during the onset, but as you grow even older, you may begin to miss your youthful look. Many methods offer to help you tighten skin. Most of them are hype and do not produce consistent results. However, you can successfully improve your skin with HIFU treatment.
Let’s find out more.
What is HIFU?
HIFU is short for high intensity focused ultrasound. These are sound waves directed onto the skin to treat sagginess and other cosmetic problems.
One of the main advantages of HIFU is that it does not involve cutting the skin. The procedure can reach deep skin layers to produce optimum results without harming the skin.
HIFU for a youthful skin
If you are in the beauty industry and use your face and body to exemplify the use of cosmetics, for instance, it is highly important that you maintain a tight and youthful-looking skin.
And that is not all. Everyone wants to remain to look young and beautiful for as long as possible. As opposed to going for the invasive treatments that come with severe risks, HIFU is noninvasive and considered safe.
If you have started noticing age creeping in and your skin beginning to sag, do not wait until you are much older. Take the HIFU treatment and keep your skin looking younger for longer.
Different HIFU brands
There are two main types of HIFU treatment. These are:
- Micro-focused HIFU treatment – used to remove small skin tissues
- Macro- focused HIFU treatment – for removing fat tissue
The different brands include:
- Ultherapy – this is a micro-focused type of HIFU treatment used to tighten saggy skin and to uplift the face.
- Ultraformer– this is both a micro and macro HIFU treatment. It has several uses such as face lifting, body tightening and slimming and face lifting.
- Liposonix – this is a macro focused HIFU treatment used for body tightening and slimming.
Why you should consider HIFU in Singapore
The main benefit of HIFU treatment is you can tighten skin without the need for surgery or any type of invasive procedure. What’s more, there is no damage to the top layer of the skin.
Sagginess of the skin can occur on any of the various layers of the skin. HIFU can reach any of these layers. What’s more, the treatment can result in skin rejuvenation causing it to produce more collagen which further tightens the skin.
How fast are the results of HIFU?
Immediately the HIFU treatment is over, you will feel mild skin tightening. This produces minor immediate results. However, the main results will appear after 2 or 3 months. This is the duration of time that collagen fibres are required to grow and develop.
After this time, you will expertise:
- Much fuller and firmer skin.
- Brighter skin.
- Smooth contours of the face.
- Fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
How long can I enjoy the results?
You can enjoy the results of the HIFU treatment for the next several years. However, note that these effects are not indefinite and your skin will begin to sag again later on. At this time you can choose to go for another HIFU treatment.
Ageing has a significant toll on the skin and will cause it to sag. Moreover, going for early treatment will maintain tight and plump skin for much longer.
The side effects of HIFU
HIFU treatment is a safe procedure. However, there are still some potential side effects. These can be divided into expected and unexpected.
The expected HIFU side effects include:
- Mild bruising.
- Mild discomfort immediately after the treatment.
- Mild swelling.
- Mild redness and skin irritation after the treatment.
The unexpected side effects include;
- Skin numbness and muscle damage from an inexperienced doctor performing the procedure. This is a result of the wrong placement of the transducers.
- Swelling or embossing of the skin caused by improper technique.
- Loss of fat and sunkening of the face caused by improper technique and treatment at the wrong depth.
Who is suited for HIFU treatment?
Before considering HIFU treatment, it is important to note that HIFU is not for everyone. While anyone experiencing facial sagginess can undergo HIFU treatment, those that are not suited for the procedure include:
- People who have excessively damaged skin.
- Those with excessive skin sagginess.
- People who have too much loss of volume in their skin.
How to make the most of your HIFU treatments
The first step will be to find the right doctor and clinic. Find a doctor like Dr Chua Cheng Yu with many years of experience in performing HIFU treatment. This will help minimize the risk of something going wrong.
Furthermore, the clinic should offer different HIFU solutions.
While there are many options for achieving a tight and uplifted face, the best options are noninvasive. HIFU produces long-lasting results. Furthermore, it is not invasive and the likelihood of developing side effects is minimal.
Dr Chua Cheng Yu
13 Stamford Rd, #B2-35 Capitol Piazza,
+65 8129 9789